Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Bet the Kool-Aid Tastes Good

When I watched Quinn’s cheating lecture, I disliked him. I went looking for something about him to like. That didn’t work out:

With more than 53,000 students, UCF is now the largest university in the state, but Quinn believes the institution has grown in a positive way. "For me, it is not just how much the university has grown in the past 10 years, but how it has grown. With most large universities, the surrounding community grows primarily to service the needs of the university. At UCF, the opposite is true," he explained.

"UCF has systematically grown to serve the needs of the communities that surround us. The bond between UCF and the central Florida region is not only strong, but impressive in its vitality and sense of purpose," he added.