Thursday, September 24, 2009

Loathe Hitt and Hickey Instead

From a reader:

As a lowly UCF program assistant, I cringe reading every "Cut of the Day" post since I'm so intimately familiar with the PhD boneheads working in my own department. The sheer wastefulness of my own position almost makes me loathe myself as I spend a good 6-7 hours a day occupying myself on Facebook and literally praying that someone will pass on a menial task so at least I can get some form of exercise walking to and from the copy machine.

I've been at UCF for 3 years too long, surrounded by UCF lemmings and felt so alone in my distaste for so many UCF practices. This school has so much potential but constantly takes one tiny step forward, 3 steps back.

I'm rambling but my point is this - I'm so glad to have discovered someone who can intelligently discuss these topics in such an amusing way. And the worst/great thing about it is, you're so accurate!