Thursday, April 24, 2008

What You Can Do To Help – Karen Jans

Dear Karen,

I’d like to start off by saying something in your defense. If I needed to care for my family, I would without hesitation take a sinecure with a rank and salary that exceeded my qualifications. Your mother and UCF are the real villains in this story. Your mom, Senator Evelyn Lynn, was unethically aggressive about getting you hired at UCF, and UCF should be ashamed of their gutless appeasement.

What can you do to help? In terms of appropriate use of resources, your termination could do a lot of good with no negative consequences (except to yourself), but I want to be reasonable. I have an easier suggestion. Stop acting indignant when people correctly conclude that your success is the result of Senator Momma’s intervention. It will make life less irritating for all the people at UCF who do more important work for much less pay.

Sincerely,
Arthur Barnhouse